February 22, 2011

Zane

Zane, age 9
Redmond, Washington (1999)

The story behind this pic goes a little deeper than you'd expect. It's evidence of my mother's failed attempt to get me to act more feminine. Back then, I was a confused 9-year old little girl, who wanted to be a boy who liked boys.

I remember my first love. His name was Cornelious, the Prince from the animated kids film, "Thumbelina," and I knew it was love at first sight.

I also knew that he'd never love me back until I became a boy.

Oh, the logic of a 9-year old...

I wasn't your average trans kid.

Being a tomboy had its moments, but never really appealed to me. I wanted to be a boy, but I still wanted to be able to play with my Barbies and sing and dance.

Today, I'm a not-so-typical
 21-year old gay man, with his black belt in taekwondo, a love for Star Trek, and a passion for dance.

Looks like nothing much has changed.
____________________________________________________

Click here - "Born This Way: Real Stories of Growing Up Gay" book
Click here - "My First Gay Crush Blog"
Click to follow my blog with Bloglovin'

5 comments:

The Shit said...

OK...You win! wow

Unknown said...

OMG! That pic is hilarious!!! I wish you were my brother! lol

Frank Gallagher said...

Hi Zane! We met at Ingersoll!
You are great and my son enjoied camp!Amy

Hanna said...

Hi brother. I just found this site and fancy my luck seeing you on here. I love you.

Hanna

Unknown said...

We should form a gay ftm Trekkie alliance together. We can be the only two members!